} SOUND art
workshops & outreach
I am committed to promoting sound and listening education in the community, so you'll find me regularly working with local authorities, festivals, galleries and schools developing & delivering acoustic ecology and sound-related workshops. Here are some examples.
- Soundscape Yoga, HearSay International Audio Festival (Kilfinane, Co. Limerick)
- Speaker, National Student Radio Conference, NUI Galway (March 2015)
- 'The Sounds of Basilicata', invited contributor, HearSay International Audio Festival, Kilfenane Co. Limerick (Nov 2014)
- Guest Lecturer, Music Composition Centre, 'Field Recording: Practice, Inspiration & Challenges' Agora Series, Trinity College Dublin (Feb 2014).
- Facilitator, Temple Bar Gallery + Studios (Dublin, Ireland) 'Immaterial Labour: An Introduction to Field Recording Practice' (Oct 2013)
- Educational soundwalks with Primary schools across Co. Offaly (Ireland), 2011-2012. Part of the Public Art Commission 'Six Moorings and A Silent Thread: sound stories from the Grand Canal'.
- Talk, What is Sound Art?' LUAN Gallery Athlone (Co. Westmeath, Ireland), April 2013